Friday, June 10, 2005

GParts blog

The aim of this blog is to share my thoughts on the current state and the future of Linux desktop's component models.

Trying to understand how things actually work I've became so much interested in the subject that I've began to feel kinda involved in the process, so I hope that my vision on the subject worths sharing at least to ask what I've missed and what's wrong.

I've also found that there are some undocumented details that each interested person has to rediscover almost from scratch. Here I'm going to try to sum up these details so that may help to form a more formal and self-contained paper about desktop integration techniques in Linux.

P.S. Well, it's actually GNU/Linux and FreeBSD and other systems capable of runnig GNOME and KDE, but here I'll just say "Linux" having all of them in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home